More Americans know about Twitter (87%) than have internet access (85%), even though only 7% actually use it. Furthermore, as many know about Twitter as about Facebook (although obviously far fewer use Twitter than Facebook). Other tidbits:
- African Americans account for 25% of the Twitter population, which is double the percentage of African Americans living in the U.S.
- Twitter users are more likely to live in higher income households.
- Four in 10 Twitter users (39%) own three or more computers.
- Twitter users are three times more likely to follow brands on Twitter than on other social networking sites.
- Less than half of regular Twitter users post updates (47%), although 70% of these same Twitter users do post status updates to other social networking services like Facebook.
More from Mashable.